The Certified Hyperbaric Technologist course has been reviewed and approved by the American Board of Hyperbaric Medicine ( ACHM ) meeting the requirements as an introductory course in hyperbaric medicine.
This course has also been reviewed and approved by the American College of Hyperbaric Medicine for 40 Category “A” CEU’s
The 40-hourCertified Hyperbaric Technologist course is suitable for Physicians and other medical personnel and is comprised of interactive sessions covering the following topics:
- The history of undersea and hyperbaric medicine
- High and low pressure physics
- Diving physiology
- Decompression illness
- Clinical examination
- Approved therapeutic uses of hyperbaric oxygen
- Experimental uses of hyperbaric oxygen
- Transcutaneous oximetry (TCOM)
- Hyperbaric chamber safety
The Certified Hyperbaric Technologist course prepares students to attend patients undergoing hyperbaric oxygen therapy. Included are practical sessions related to:
- Taking patient history
- Conducting physical/neurological examinations
- Administering first aid and medication at the surface and in the hyperbaric chamber environment
Special consideration is given to issues relevant to:
- The toxic effects of oxygen
- Fire hazards
- General chamber safety
Students receive the experience of hands-on contact with patients and acquire valuable skills related to the accurate systematic documentation of clinically related events.
Certified Hyperbaric Technologist Candidates who have medical clearance are able to experience actual hyperbaric exposures in both Monoplace and Multiplace Hyperbaric Chamber systems.
Hands-on chamber operational experience is available after normal class hours.
Need help selecting Your Perfect Chamber?